2018 Berkley-Pendell Piano Competition
April 8, 2018
Complete Berkley-Pendell Piano Competition guidelines, eligibility requirements and application forms are available at: www.Berkley-Pendell.org
Berkley-Pendell Scholarship Competition for piano is an annual event open to all school-aged students of (ISMTA) members who have met certain requirements. The Berkley-Pendell Scholarship was established to encourage and promote the cause of good music. The winners of each division are awarded cash prizes, in addition to other honors and recognition.
The local ISMTA chapters which sponsor and participate in this annual piano competition are: Salt Creek, Naperville, Waubonsee Valley, West Suburban.
Teachers who plan to enroll students need to accumulate 5 points by the application deadline in order to fulfill their teacher eligibility. Points may be accumulated through:
- board membership within local, state, or national associations,
- attendance at association monthly meetings,
- acting as a speaker or panel member at a monthly meeting,
- serving as chairperson for a chapter recital,
- serving 3 or more hours at AIM exam,
- attending a workshop offered by an area group, or state or national organization.